Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Movies


I went to my first movie in Turkey this past weekend. One really neat thing is teachers get a discount. Movies are also cheaper if you go on a weekday. I think that's a grand idea, they should try that in the states.

We went Saturday to see Transporter 2. For those of you who know about my love of all things British, you know how much I would enjoy another movie with Jason Statham. I would like to say, it did not disappoint!

We had to buy our tickets early because you have assigned seating. It's like buying tickets at the Civic Center. You pick out your seats when you buy tickets. The sound is also very loud, which I loved. They have commericals and previews, just like the states. The movie was in English with Turkish subtitles.

And the weirdest part was there is always an intermission. The movie was only 90 minutes and the intermission was right in the middle of an action scene. The intermission is for 10 minutes, gives them a smoke break.

Those of you who have watched a movie with me will be happy to know I was as animated as usual. During one particularly cool scene when Jason Statham jumps on top of two cars that are crashing into each other, I of course said "wow" really loud. Amused the Turks around me. Just goes to show that one of the main reasons I'm here is to bring entertainment to the Turks!

No comments: