
Here I am carving my first Turkey! Well Thanksgiving turned out very nice. We actually had three! The first was last Saturday, our faculty fellowship, where the highlight was HAM! It was the best ham I've ever had. Probably had a lot to do with the fact that I haven't had any in three months! [Yes, I've been here almost four months!] Then on actual Thanksgiving Day one of the members of our church invited us over. It was really nice, with real pecan pie too!
Saturday, though, was the day it actually felt like Thanksgiving. Beth and I invited folks over to our house, all the people who didn't have family here. There were 17 of us total. We had people at the house from 12:30 to 9:30! It was a really good time. It's rare to find a whole Turkey here, so instead we had turkey breast. Hannah-Lee did a wonderful sage mustard rub for the turkey and I was in charge of cooking it. I got up early made the pumpkin pies, cranberry salad and greenbean casserole (with Beth's help). They turkey turned out great and everyone brought lots of yummy other dishes. We even had cheese ball!
We went around and said what we were thankful for before dinner and had our blessing. I did get a little teary eyed then, missing home. But it was fun to start a new tradition with my family here. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment