I was estatic to come out from lunch yesterday and find boxes of textbooks! I started to joyously look through the World Geography book, which is SO much better than the book I am currently using, which is ten years old (ancient for geography). I see the Economics book (which I'll be teaching next semester) and start to look for the government books that must be nearby. All the boxes were unpacked and no US Government books. The one book I've been dying to have, because I have no books at all for that class, and it didn't come! I'm trying to be thankful that I'm getting the opportunity to learn how to search more effectively on the web and I'm working on being more creative! Also, my boxes of school supplies that I shipped from the states still have not arrived. As of the middle of October, it will be three months. And you thought the post office was bad in the states!
On a positive note, I'm feeling caught up with my school work. We have progress reports going home in a week and a half. Most of my grades look really good. I don't have them all in the computer yet! :) I'm excited about Saturday, we're going to the castle in Ulus. We're doing all the historic stuff in celebration of my birthday next Tuesday.
I'll be putting a few more pictures on photobucket later today. I have some pictures from our dinner at Tammy and Liz's on Wednesday night. It was a lot of fun. They have a great apartment. We had tavuak sis! (That's chicken kebab's for you non-Turkish speaking folk!) Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment