Tuesday, September 20, 2005

This Weekend

I added 13 pictures to my website from this weekend. Just copy this address into your window. http://photobucket.com/albums/y145/CDeLong/Turkey/

This weekend was very busy! Friday night we went over to the Lundy’s to celebrate Beth’s birthday. She wanted a small get together and the Lundy’s are one of the families she is closest to. We go over to their place every Thursday evening to watch an episode of “Stargate” (the Lundy’s have season 2, Beth has season 3). Beth made chicken enchiladas. They were excellent. My cake I made wasn’t too bad either! Beth is staying with the Robinson’s this month, so they were there as well.

On Saturday morning, I went to pick up my curtains in Ulus with Hannah-Lee. Then I meet up with Beth and the kids (Cait, Alisa & Nathan) in Kizilay. Kizilay is the downtown, modern area of Ankara. We walked around and did some window shopping. There are so many people there! It’s when you realize there are four million people in Ankara. I did get a new purse and a cool stand for my dresser from Pakistan at a neat little shop. They also have a whole area of fresh flowers, where we got roses for Beth’s birthday.

That night we cooked dinner at our apartment, then went over to Katie and Sara’s house to play games. It was a lot of fun. We played two new games that I had never played – 4 on a couch and the name game. They are great games for a big group. We’ll have to do them with the FBC Singles group!

Sunday I went to church at IPCA. There we meet two new guys who joined us for lunch. They are here for four months taking classes at a local university. It’s nice to meet some other Americans who are not connected with the school. Then I worked on lesson plans! Yippee!

No comments: